Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Lacquistry — A Friggin' Circus

Hello lovelies! I have a friggin' awesome polish for you guys today. 

It's Lacquistry's A Friggin' Circus

Lacquistry is one of the first indie brand polishes I've tried and I'm very happy to support an artist in their work. As a former photography student and someone who appreciates handmade objects and art as a whole, I can fully stand behind people who are putting their all and love into making polishes.

Enough gushing!

Direct sunlight.

Shade.


A Friggin' Circus is 12 colours of mini hexagon glitter in a pink base (the description on Jenna's Etsy said it was blue but it's more of a pink/purple colour). I layered 3 coats of A Friggin' Circus over 2 coats of OPI Funky Dunkey from the Shrek Collection and a top coat of SV.

Application on these chunky glitters is tricky. It takes a few more layers to really achieve a covered nail but I was happy with what I was able to do and seeing as this was one of my first times using a chunky glitter like this it came out okay. I'll do better in time. There are bubbles which I'm not happy about but overall I really like this combo. I actually got compliments on them 3 times today while out running errands. :)  The base on AFC is a bit thick but I know I can thin it down and that might help with the application. Next time that'll happen! Hehe.

Overall I'm very pleased with this polish and when I finally start my new job and have some money saved up, I plan on buying more from Jenna. Her polishes all look amazing.

Lacquistry polishes retail for $7.50 USD for a full size .5 fl oz bottles. Her shop is currently closed from the overwhelming response she got when she opened it but you can check her Facebook page for when she announces when she'll reopen.

Until next time~ :)

No comments:

Post a Comment