Friday, March 23, 2012

May The Odds Be Ever In Your Favor — Hunger Games Nail Art!

Happy Friday! As you all probably know by now the Hunger Games movie is out! Unfortunately because I have to be a grown up and have a grown up job, I was not able to go see the midnight premiere like I normally would for a series I love. No worries though! My friends and I are going tonight.

So I did a special manicure to celebrate! :)

I tried to do a fire and ember manicure to represent Katniss as the Girl on Fire but I'm not sure how "firey" they actually turned out. Lol.  I used 4 polishes from the China Glaze Capitol Collection and 2 Zoya polishes to create this look. Everything is explained after the pictures! :)

Left hand.

Right hand.



Now, I actually like the flames on my right hand so much better than my left despite my left hand not being dominant so my "drawing" was not so good. Unfortunately since it was later when I finished this, I have no pictures in daylight. I'll have to come back and edit those into the post.


I started off with CND Stickey base coat then did 1 coat of China Glaze Smoke and Ashes, which is a black base polish with dark blue and green shimmer. It's a very pretty color! Then I added a layer of China Glaze Luxe & Lush to represent the embers of the fire. I then used a nail art brush and Zoya Sooki and painted on the shape of fire, went over that with Zoya Reva to add some bling, then added accent of China Glaze Riveting, then on top of that added a bit of China Glaze Electrify. Finished that off with a good coat of Seche Vite, and voila! "firey" nails. Hehe.

Overall I'm pretty happy with it! I wish I could have painted the flames on better but I'm proud of what I was able to do.

What about you guys? Did you go to the premiere? Are you going see it today or this weekend? Are you wearing anything special on your nails for the movie? Let me know!


Until next time, my dears~ :)

No comments:

Post a Comment