Friday, January 27, 2012

Laissez les bons temps rouler!

Let the good times roll!

Here in south Louisiana, Mardi Gras is a huge part of life. Between the parties, balls, tableaus, and parades, it's pretty nonstop from Twelfth Night on. You can read more about Mardi Gras here. I actually ride in a Mardi Gras parade and we're having a party tonight so I decided to do my nails to celebrate the occasion. :)



I used the traditional colours of purple, green, and gold for this mani. Now it's not exactly how I had envisioned it, but it works well enough for me. Heh. I initially wanted to do them all gold with purple and green polka dots but I was having issues with my polishes drying too fast on me to dot them!

For this mani I used: Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Xtreme Wear in Golden-I, China Glaze Emerald Sparkle, and Petites Wild Plum.

I know I'm not that great with nail art but usually I don't have issues making polka dots. So I ended up with just one accent nail dotted, then I decided to strip my thumb nail with a nail art brush to break up the plain nails a bit more. If I was any good at nail art I would have drawn a crown and possibly even a mask on my nails, but unfortunately I was not graced with such drawing skills!

Anyway, I hope you guys like! I feel like I should add some glitter or something to this mani to make it more glam but I am too lazy today!

Until next time~ :)

No comments:

Post a Comment